What the clients say
- Dear Katherine, Thanks for the
treatment and good advice you've given us recently with regard to my son's
foot problems. His heel is much better and has been attending tennis camp
all week without problems! a huge relief! He loved doing exercises on the
wobble board, thank you for lending it to us.
Thanks again. Best wishes, B, Wimbledon. 2015
- Hi Katherine, I just wanted
to contact you to say thanks so much for helping get my frozen shoulder
back on form and for the daily weight bearing plan you put together. I’ve
really appreciated both yours and Joanna’s input into my recovery.
As well has the physio knowledge, your collaborative support and help were
At the moment I don’t think I need further physio treatments, but should I need a physio in the future I will definitely come back to you at Back on Track. LR, Wimbledon. 2015
Katherine: Just wanted to let you know that I have fully recovered, close to my pre-injury form in all sports. Thanks very much for all your help! DK, Wimbledon. 2013“
- Hi Katherine, Just wanted to email to thank you for sorting my back out before my trip to the RSCDS Scottish Dancing Summer School in St Andrews. I came to you after an episode of what seemed catastrophic back pain. I had walked my way to a little better movement, but with a week to go before intensive classes at Summer School, needed reassurance that I had not incurred a serious injury, and that I could get fit enough to go. I was delighted with the thorough examination, diagnosis and treatment. It was exactly what I needed in order to feel confident to dance in a high impact advanced class. I expected to leave the physiotherapy session tired and drained, but left on a high with my back muscles much improved. Although I was cautious the first day or two at Summer School, with the memory of such intense pain so fresh in my mind, I soon forgot my problems and danced four sessions a day. Just as you promised, Cinderella did go to the ball! And I have been recommending you to all my dancing friends, one of whom has been to see you already.” JK, Wimbledon, SW19
- “Hi Katherine, I saw you some time ago because I had started at a gym, for the first time ever, and I had a knee problem. You advised carrying on with the exercises there, exercise bike etc, but you gave me other exercises as well, to get other muscles working. Just to let you know that it has taken some time but I have stuck at the exercises and the knee problem has now almost completely disappeared. So once again I am delighted. The range of exercises I am now doing at the gym has increased. I could not of contemplated anything at the gym when I had my long standing neck/shoulder problem. So once again: many, many thanks!!“SK, returning client
- “Hi Katherine, I had meant to let you know - got round injury free in 1hr 31mins so very pleased. It feels like the injury has vanished. I'm still stretching and strengthening. Thanks!“Ben R, Wimbledon after Great North Run, 2010.
- “Dear Katherine, I just wanted to say thank you so much for the miracle you have performed on Cameron's ankle. One session with you and your expert manipulation with accompanying exercises has completely cured what we were beginning to think was going to be a recurring injury from a 'weak ankle'. After following your instructions completely, our 11 year old keen footballer never even mentions his ankle, and it had been a constant problem for months. Thank you so much.“ Muriel
- “Katherine has a warm and welcoming manner, and she strikes a good balance between physiological and psychological advice. Having seen many physiotherapists regarding my persistent back problems, I can honestly say that Katherine is one of the best.“Simon C, London
- “...thank you so much for your most excellent care. Your expert attention has worked wonders with my foot and although it is not completely better (nor may every be at my age!) to be pain free is just wonderful. You may quote me anytime and I am happy to tell all I meet of your considerable expertise.)” Chloe B, Wimbledon.
- “Katherine Watkins is an excellent physiotherapist. She knows what she is talking about, and solved my 6-month-old knee problem in 3 sessions. She focused on giving me targeted exercises so I could resolve the problem myself, instead of doing loads of manual therapy and dragging out the treatment regime. She fully reviewed the exercises each session to make sure they were still appropriate, and tweaked/added to the treatment plan along the way. I found this approach very helpful and effective. I would definitely recommend her to anybody for any condition.” CC, quote from Best of Wimbledon & Merton website.
- “Katherine is a superb physio. Firstly the diagnosis is detailed and the examination of the problem area is not taken in isolation but with an understanding of the whole body interaction. For my problem, an incorrectly tracking knee cap, a set of exercises were initially devised and then refined as treatment progressed. This led to a cure of the problem but also a fix of the cause (a muscle in-balance in the leg). I totally recommend Katherine as a physiotherapist.” Mark H, quote from Best of Wimbledon & Merton website.
- “Katherine is one of the few physios I have seen who has helped me and not ridiculed me. I look healthy and well, but I have suffered years of pain and fatigue owing to Joint Hypermobility Syndrome (JHS). Katherine not only made an accurate diagnosis of my condition, but is continuing to support me whilst I get on with the exercises she gives me to do at home. My body has slowly changed from being fairly unstable in some joint areas to a more functional state. It is because of Katherine's expertise that I am managing to successfully continue doing ballet classes, safely.” IK, Laban, London.
- “I had a long term problem with neck and shoulder, and had been to several physios. This physio was different, much more interactive with my particular difficulties; and adapting to progress when it started. The treatment was more based on exercises for me to do at home, rather than on the table treatment. Monitoring and adapting the exercises was crucial. My progress has been remarkable. A truly exceptional physio.” SK, quote from Best of Wimbledon & Merton website.
- “Katherine really made me feel that she was treating me as an an individual, not just another routine case with routine symptoms. By the time my trapped nerve was remedied I was actually walking much better than I have for ten years or more! Debbie and Marion at reception were also very good, very helpful. I will certainly recommend. First Class.”DD, quote from Patient Survey form.
- “I finished the Bristol half in 1:40 mins, which I was very pleased with, thanks for getting me back on my feet ...it was 20 minutes off my time from the Great North Run. Thanks again.” Runner.
- “Thank you so much for your important involvement with the Laban Summer School. Once again we were relatively injury-free for the fortnight - I am sure this was a lot to do with your seminars and workkshops. Fantastic to have our support and hard work!” Laban Summer School.
- “I just wanted to say thank you for your help, the ankle feels so much better. I'm into summer training now and it's great. I got a lot more freedom in the ankle than I did before I got injured, so I am really happy.” Professional Squash Player.
- “ Whilst with Katherine
I made a successful return to track racing in May at 5000m (15mins29secs)
later improving to 14mins 38 secs by August. I also raced over 10k and half
Marathon in the early autumn. Regarding my training; my long runs increased
to in- excess of 2 hrs without any symptoms of the previous injuries. Whilst
I was able to sustain the intensity of fast 1 miles reps x 6 with a short
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you, Katherine, for your treatment advice and support.” KK, Elite distance runner.
No GP referral required. Just telephone 020 8545 0965 for an appointment.